Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My First blog post

Well, today is my first "BLOG". A lot has happened in the last year, so let me fill you in.
 I moved to the DFW Metroplex in May 2010, after Kevin my husband got a job. I was so
excited to get out of Louisville. A bigger city, new experiences. I couldn't wait!! After residing
in our new city for about, say, 8 days, I found out I was pregnant. I was excited and super scared.
 I didn't have any family near, and the only people we knew were pregnant with their own child,
so I didn't want to burden them.

When I started to have symptoms from the pregnancy, they were pretty bad. I thought, maybe it
will pass quickly. Well, they finally went away around week 19. And for 5 or 6 weeks I felt great!!
I LOVED being pregnant. I never could understand how people could say that after the way I felt
for so long, and now I got it : )...but then after those few glorious weeks. UGH, misery returned with
a vengeance. I was ready to have this baby at 31 weeks. My skin was stretched to the max. I was starving every 45 minutes, I was having even more trouble sleeping. BACK PAIN, oh the BACK PAIN!!! There were several times I asked Kevin to pray over my back because it hurt so bad : (

Liam greeted us on February 4, 2011 at 3:16 pm weighing 7lbs 3 ounces, 21 inches long. I was
so glad he was here. Childbirth terrified me my whole life, and I had done it!!! I was proud of
myself. The epidural, WOW, thank God for it, because when I got to the hospital at 5cm, that
pain was enough for me. I thought I would die. And I tried breathing and counting, yeah right,
it doesn't work. You can't ignore pain. It comes and slaps you in the face. A contraction, how I
would describe it, is your whole body seizing up tightly for anywhere from 15- 60 seconds, then
relaxing. Allowing you to attempt to regain some sanity from the pain : )

My worst part of childbirth was the recovery. I had severe edema in my legs, I looked like Shrek
legs lol. I had to have an episiotomy and a few other issues. So needless to say, afterwards was
impossible. I couldn't walk from the swelling, so getting upstairs was torture to say the least. Next time, I will sleep downstairs the first few weeks and save my energy for what needs it : )

I can honestly say i would do it all again. having a child is so miraculous, I can't describe. I thank
God everyday for Liam, because it was looking like we weren't able to have kids. It just wasn't happening. So my advice, keep trying. Anything is possible.

Liam is nearly 14 weeks. WOW. to type that is so surreal. I have a kid. Sometimes I don't feel
like I am ready to be a mom. I know they say you are never ready, and thats true for any life
changing event. I know that I am a great mom. I grew up around my moms daycare when I was younger, so I have experience in newborn babies. I am not one of these moms who freak out at
every little thing. Unless there is blood, they are okay : ) I don't worry about hand sanitizer, I wash my hands often, but our bodies have a natural ability to fight sickness. God made us that way. I guess
you could say i am a laid back mom style. BUT, I will be strict when it needs it. I will let Liam
be creative in any way he chooses. If he wants to dress like frankenstein at the age of 4, I will let him
(like on Big Daddy). Kids should be able to express themselves, if it truly is a harmless thing, that will not matter in 5 years. I will guide my child spiritually, but he is his own person. The clothes i want him
to wear may not be what he likes. I just think there are bigger issues to worry about when it comes
to raising a child. Like, manners, respect, descipline, social interaction, sharing with others, and a whole list, I could go on.

Well, I hear Liam telling me he is hungry so have to run for now, but I will post more soon

Until then : )

1 comment: