Friday, May 13, 2011

Where did my post go??





I got on to blog today and one of my posts is gone???
okay, strange. I didn't delete it. It was about go kiss
your kids and love them. No one is promised tomorrow.

Well, today is Friday and my friend Diana had her baby.
We might go try to see her today at the hospital. Kevin might
be too tired when he gets off work. So we will see I guess.
I am home all day with Liam so, when he gets home I am dying
to get out of the house, but all he wants to do is be at home.
I told him, if he stayed home with a baby all day, he would
understand how I felt. Sometimes, just driving around the block
a few times is good. At least I have gotten out of the house. It
has been a slow process of meeting people here. My pregnancy was
bad, so i couldn't get out and go to the meet up groups I had
joined, and when we tried to get involved at church around September,
the next class didn't start til February, talk about a let down.
I am a social person and being secluded for the last year has been
a nightmare...really depressing. There were days I thought, man I
need some Prozac or something because I just didn't think I could make
it another day. It has gotten better, slow and steady I guess. I miss my friends and family back home. I am dying to get home and see everyone, and of course let Liam be the main attraction when we visit back home : )

I still don't know how the trip is gonna transpire. We need to find
someone to watch the dogs. We had someone offer, they just had a baby, so
don't know if they will still be up for it. I hope and pray they are, but we will see. And, of course driving with Liam alone across the states
is kinda scary. I am not one to be fearful of things. Gosh, when I
was younger, my friend Kelly and I would walk around downtown Louisville,
while at Sparks....our favorite house music club, and we would make friends with homeless people and such. My mom always told me I shouldn't but, I wasn't afraid. My thought was, If it was my time to go, then you can't
do anything to prevent it. So many people are afraid of people like that.
Some of those people were nicer than the well to do people I knew.

I was nervous when drove back to Louisville by myself, but I did it,
and now that nervousness isn't there, but now there is a baby in the
mix, so it is more stressful. Will Liam sleep good? He falls asleep
in the car. Will I forget something important, say, like his stroller,
etc. I have to think everything thru. I hope everything falls into place
so I can make that trip home. God will provide,ask and you shall receive. Okay, I need a dog sitter, place to stay in Louisville, and money : )
This is when I say abra cadabra : ) or Ta Da!!

This has been a great day so far, Liam has been especially excited
all day, and very smiley and kicking those legs. He gets that from me.
When I get excited, I jump up and down and generally just move around
a lot. It's so cute to watch...him not me : )

Speaking of him, I think I will go wake him, he has napped long enough.
He is such a good sleeper, so I am not worried about him not sleeping
at night. He has been sleeping thru the night since about 8 weeks. I guess some babies either are good or not. We got a good one. We realize how blessed we are with Liam. He is amazingly good in so many aspects. Our friend came to visit in April and his mom mentioned that he was going to
be surrounded by a crying baby all weekend. When he left, he said, Liam
was maybe the best baby he has ever been around. We get that all the time.
If we go anywhere, people always comment how good he is, or how cute
he is. We eat it up of course. What parent wouldn't be proud to hear that??

Well, I guess that is all for now. Hope everyone has a good weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. I got on here earlier and your post disappeared, but they seam to be back. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, *seem. Same pronunciation, different word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog post that disappeared finally reappeared, but the comments that were left are gone. Hopefully, they won't loose any more posts! I'm glad that Liam is such a blessing in your life. Make yourself a list before you travel and that will help ensure that you don't forget anything important. And just remember, most things can be purchased if forgotten. So don't sweat it. =)

    ReplyDelete